Willochra Farm – Bed and Breakfast is uniquely located within the Mid Murray, 80 minutes drive East of Adelaide, bordering the edge of the Barossa Valley wine region; more than 80 cellar doors and 150 wineries right at your doorstep and only a short scenic drive to the townships of Mannum and Swan Reach on the Murray River. The Barossa is well known as Australia’s premier wine-producing region but is also responsible for some of the finest produce in the country. The local food is fresh and inspiring, yet steeped in local history and tradition.
Our B&B is located on a 48-acre picturesque property, with the closest neighbours being the Morris family (with the main homestead located approximately 200m away from the B&B), making it the perfect accommodation option for families – plenty of space to run around!
Willochra Farm – Bed and Breakfast is one of the very few self-sufficient accommodation options in the region, offering an entirely ‘off-grid’ stay. The home is powered by a solar system, heated using a combustion heater (wood fire), and uses rainwater and gas for hot water and cooking. This offers the opportunity for guests to completely switch off from the hustle and bustle of their everyday lives and immerse themselves in gorgeous views of the surrounding countryside.
It provides all of the luxuries and comforts of a home (queen bed, full kitchen facilities, TV), so guests can choose to spend their days relaxing at the B&B, wandering the property, or heading out to explore what the local regions have to offer!
Amenities & Services
- Up to 4 guests within the B&B
- Plenty of space for children or an additional couple to set up a tent outside
- 2 bedrooms (queen-sized bed in the main bedroom, double bed in 2nd bedroom)
- 1 bathroom (Linen, towels, soaps supplied)
- Undercover parking for up to four cars
- Continental breakfast provisions provided showcasing a range of locally sourced produce
- Undercover BBQ (doubles as the oven)
- Combustion wood heater (firewood supplied)
- Full kitchen amenities including coffee maker, fridge/freezer, gas stove
- 4 seat sofa, dining table
- Outdoor fire pit (for use outside fire danger season)
- Undercover outdoor area to enjoy the sunset with beautiful uninterrupted views of rolling hills
- TV and DVD player (range of DVDs provided)